Sunday, October 16, 2011

31 Days to Branch Out: Day 16


So, last night I totally didn't realize it was Saturday thus starting a new hobby week. So, I've been going back and forth on what I should do: Knitting/Crochet or Gardening. I don't know that gardening is a craft but it's a pretty popular hobby and one that I'm interested in starting so I think I'm going to do both. (Next week is reserved for Holiday kid activities). So starting today I'll post things about how to knit and how to prepare a raised garden bed! Have fun!

The Knit Stitch Video!
Note: when I started knitting, I picked a lovely grey yarn and got the needles that it suggested on the paper wrapping. I started with a straight scarf so I could get the rhythm down and then introduced patterns. Check out this link for a getting started in knitting detail that will help you get your bearings.


This amazing website called Sprout Robot lets you enter your zipcode and tells you what plant you should plant and when. Like a digital Farmers Almanac. It also has some pretty great illustrated tutorials on how to do just about everything in the garden. Below, you'll find the pictures on how to do a raised garden bed. It's terribly simple!

also, below that, potting soil basics!

Click HERE to see their website and how to do a bed if you don't want it raised...ya know, like ones directly in the ground...**REQUIRES DIGGING** :)
Plus, their little Sprout Robot is adorable!

Branch out and Be Creative! 



No comments:

Post a Comment