1. I wish someone would have told me that when I pack my hospital bag, I should put it in my car right then. Included in that bag should be a toothbrush, a hairbrush, make up (even though I thought I wasn't going to care what I looked like), and entertainment. Entertainment such as DVDs so I wouldn't be put up to watch the first disk of the second season of the West Wing for 26 hours of labor. And also so I wouldn't have to watch the ever repetitive shows on HGTV.
1.5: I wish also I would have listened a little more when I heard I should have brought my own pillows to sleep on. Because wow what precious little sleep I'd be getting.
2. I wish I someone would have told my ever loving husband that jokes when I'm having contractions aren't as funny as they would be otherwise. I wish someone would have told me to have more patience with him when he was just trying to make me laugh through the horrible pain.
3. I wish someone would have told my anesthesiologist where the epidural space was the first time...instead of the third time when I went through 7, 8, and 9cm with no pain killers. I was not prepared mentally to go through labor without an epidural.
4. I wish someone would have told me to pay more attention when she finally came out. I was too scatterbrained to really realize what was happening. I feel like I missed the opportunity remember things. Perhaps there was just too much going on. Perhaps there were too many people in the room. I'm not sure I just feel like that whole thing was a blur.
5. I wish someone would have told me that it's okay to leave her in the nursery for a little while longer so that I could sleep because I sure wouldn't be getting any for the first 6 weeks.
6. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish someone would have told me how swollen I would be in my nether regions and to never underestimate the power of an icepack.
7. I wish someone would have told me that once my epidural finally wore off enough for me to stand and go pee that I would be in there for 20 minutes (and not be exaggerating) and to bring some reading material because the corporate beige of the bathroom walls get really boring after 20 minutes.
There are many other things but this is only part 1...of how many parts? I'm not sure. Guess we'll have to see!