Wednesday, July 27, 2011

6 weeks and a life changed

Wow, I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks since M&M was born. After three weeks of not sleeping and three more weeks of not sleeping well, I'm jumping for joy at the fact she slept 4.5 hours in a row! She's sleepin beside me which I have learned not to do for too long if I want to keep her sleeping 4.5 hours in a row but today I have things to do. I have laundry doin and a messy kitchen. Not to mention LOTS of pictures to edit for my husband's work. The problem is I just want to spend all day looking at her beautiful face.  How can one not be distracted!
I think what is the most amazing thing is how quickly your life changes so dramatically after having a baby. I mean, I knew people told me it would, but feeling it is pretty amazing. That feeling of knowing you would jump in front of a bus in less than a heartbeat to protect this tiny person is unreal. Laying on the bed and spending countless hours just hearing her babble is amazing.
I'm not trying to be SuperMommy but being there for my daughter and my husband is all I can think about. It's been 6 weeks and my life is changed!

PS: As of this morning I'm down 34lbs from my top pregnancy weight! HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment