Monday, November 14, 2011

How to be a Better Wife: A Series: Intimacy after the honeymoon phase


 My wonderful husband and I have been married for just over a year and I think I can finally say that the 'honeymoon phase' has ended. I can't say that I'm sad about it either. I'm kind of excited about the next step in our relationship.

I have been praying a lot lately for and about my husband and after a few days, God pointed me to Proverbs 31:10-31 "The Virtuous Wife".

Yesterday, I was doing some research and my husband looked over said "Whatcha doin?"
I said "Learning how to be a better wife." And he laughed at me! It almost made feel silly for thinking this. He then said "I don't think you need that..." Which made me feel better.

I don't think I'm a bad wife. In fact, I think I'm a pretty decent wife (despite the fact I can't cook worth beans) but that doesn't mean I can't be a better one, right?

So, as of today I am on a mission to be an overall better wife. Over the next few weeks, I'll interject our crafty biz with my How to be a Better Wife series.

So, today, I want to begin with the tough topic first: intimacy. Since our 'honeymoon phase' has ended, my first goal is to not lose our spark. I know that happens a lot with couples who are together for a while: life just gets in the way. Well, even if you have to write it on your planner, make time to have some alone time with your significant other.

Even the Bible says "The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have athority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."
                  -1 Corinthians 7:4-5

Of course, for my time to increase intimacy, Aunt Flo also decided to show up. So, now I get to get creative. I am going to try things like giving my husband a nice back rub after he gets home tonight. I'm going to try to kiss him more often. And not just a peck like when he goes to work, but I mean a nice, long, both arms around the neck, up against the wall kind of kiss. Then, maybe, just maybe, a pinch on the butt on the way out, just for good measure.

Something small like this everyday can keep the spark alive and it only takes a few seconds.

In a week or so we will retouch the intimacy issue. Until then, enjoy touches and smooches!

Branch Out and Be Creative!



No comments:

Post a Comment